The ever-rising tide of flooding content has caused a heightened sense of urgency for companies seeking to secure and engage audiences. Traditional methods of advertising, marketing, and opinion-shaping have been washed over. Audiences today seek messages that grab and hold attention. Old methods don’t work; story does.
My newest seminar covers story’s essential success elements. This comprehensive approach to utilizing great storytelling in business explains what story is and is not, and reveals why story is so powerful when shared with a target audiences.
This program is a comprehensive learning experience that covers:
- Objective setting.
- Story’s structure and form.
- Story’s role in aligning with marketing, whose role it is to help move products and services with ideas. This module includes branding, story construction, and the keys to creating word-of-mouth effectiveness.
- The different roles of humor, drama, poignancy, guilt, and emotional appeal. Participants learn how message construction differs with each.
- Story’s role across all eight planks of profitable revenue growth: new business, proof of concept, proof of possibility, organic growth, cross-selling, client loyalty, competitive differentiation, and referral generation.
- How story differs when selling into sweet spots versus new markets.
- How story differs and why it works much more effectively than traditional, off-the-shelf sales communication.
- Story’s impact on profitability through five lenses: value creation, value reaffirmation, margin expansion, client protection, and customer retention.
- Story’s impact on The Facebook Effect, which targets client engagement and the ignition of horizontal reach.
- Story’s smart spend: How targeted story construction avoids throwing money into a burning furnace of hope and guesswork.
Attendees learn why story works in today’s world of impatient immediacy and shorter attention spans, why story is increasingly effective while other methods fail, and why these behavioral mechanics exist. Participants learn the roles of conflict, barriers, painting pictures of potential change, and how to create hooks that give stories “legs.”
We also share six storytelling watch-outs, each of which can undermine and dilute story effectiveness in print, video, and audio or face-to-face storytelling.
Pro selling relies on value creation, differentiation, inspiring actionable interest, and closing. To demonstrate story in action, we share sample case studies which demonstrate the dollar and sense power of story in today’s modern marketplace.
To book a kickoff presentation or interactive learning seminar where attendees workshop stories of their own, contact us electronically at: [email protected].
Thanks for reading and continue good selling.
Leave a Reply