If happiness is sometimes a challenge, here are six things that may help:
- Be proud of who you are. If you have barriers to this, fix them. Change what is necessary. Take action today. Study the mirror, and if you like what you see then dress, walk, talk, and act accordingly.
- Take pride in what you do. Whatever you choose to do for a living, do it to the best of your ability. Never fall back to the pack. If you are capable of excellence, deliver it. Day after day your quality portfolio increases. Over time you will feel what happens with sustained performance: all good things.
- Live where you are happy. When you are glad to come home, contentment arrives with you. If you don’t like where you are, make the call and move to a better situation. There is a difference between a roof and a home. Never trade the former for the latter.
- Feel good about the people you hang around with. There are stages in life where you have to cut the cord with people you know — even if they have been long-time friends. Seek a world of positive emotional experiences. Do not tolerate negative ones. Rid yourself of downer influence.
- Manage the Worry Circle. It is human nature to worry so you might as well get good at managing it. Things that bug us fall into three categories: things we can control (with our thought and actions), things we cannot control, and things we can partially influence. Influence issues are part-controllable and partly uncontrollable. Peel those two apart. Embrace the things in life you can control and own them. Jettison the rest.
- Be significant in the lives of others. The best way to boost your self-image and self-esteem is to be a positive force in the universe of others.
Trust these six. Each is a strong pillar that supports a happy life.
~ Ocean Palmer
Leave a Reply